Assistant Professor (August 2021 to Present)
Army-Baylor Graduate Program MHA/MBA, Baylor University, San Antonio, TX
Serves as an Assistant Professor in the Army-Baylor Graduate program in health and business administration. Instructs International Business, Quantitative Analysis, and Health Management of Information Systems. In addition, serves as the executive officer, responsible for the program’s execution and coordination with military requirements.
PhD Student (July 2018 to July 2021)
Shidler College of Business, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
Pursued a PhD in Business Administration with a specialty in Information Technology Management. Research focus is at the intersection of Health IT, Cybersecurity and Human-Computer Interaction.
- Presented a paper on blockchain adoption at DIGIT 2019 in Munich, Germany a workshop of the ICIS.
- Presented a paper on technostress and use of eyetracking during the human augmented cognition minitrack at HCII 2020.
- Assisted with audio/visual set up and support for HICSS 2019 and 2020.
- Taught two sections of BUS311 – Global Information System Use to include one that transitioned to online learning model only during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Adjunct Lecturer for BUS393 – Systems Analaysis and Design.
- Passed Comprehensive Exam July 2020, Proposed December 2020, Defended July 2021.
- Committee Advisor – Dr. Elizabeth Davidson
Company Commander (July 2016 to July 2018)
U.S. Army, Federal Way, WA
Served as the Company Commander for the Seattle Medical Recruiting Company, responsible for the U.S. Army Medical Recruiting activities in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Montana, Northern Nevada, California and Idaho. Includes 6 Medical Recruiting Centers and 30 Officers, NCOs and GS Civilians.
- Implemented a Sharepoint Event tracking system that integrates with Outlook Calendar and allows for easier viewing of gaps in recruiting efforts.
- Selected as the FY17 Medical Company Commander of the Year through an ardous competition.
- Planned the recruiting operation initiative that resulted in over 90 Doctors, Dentists, Nurses and more to join the US Army and US Army Reserve.
Chief, Information Management Division (July 2013 to July 2016)
U.S. Army, Bangkok, Thailand
Served as the Chief, Information Management Division for the Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences (AFRIMS), the Army’s largest OCONUS laboratory with a staff of over 500 military, civilian and contract personnel in eight fixed facilities, with 35+ field study sites in seven countries. Provides information management support and services within the Area of Responsibility to include a research network, NIPRNET, phones, printers and PCs. Responsible for the planning, coordination and management of network security and accreditation, Helpdesk operations, Library services, Medical Audio-Visual services and Language instruction; includes direct supervision of three foreign nationals and a staff consisting of 14 foreign nationals. Provides oversight and planning for software, hardware and network control to include bid solicitation, analysis and selection of information systems, products and services with an annual budget exceeding $1M.
- Analyzed usage of Internet Service Providers at AFRIMS and was able to increase bandwidth, improve services and response time, while increasing security and saving $25,000 annually.
- Implemented a help desk system which has provided actionable metrics and issue tracking.
- Led the network redesign project which included selecting and awarding new equipment totaling $85k, designing appropriate security zones, and oversight of firewall and inline intrusion detection system implementation.
Deputy Project Manager (June 2011 to July 2013)
U.S. Army, Ft. Detrick, Maryland
Provided information management support services to the U.S. Army Medical Research and Material Command (USAMRMC) with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulated products under the Enterprise Information Technology Project Management Office (eIT PMO). Served as the Information Assurance Manager responsible for compliance with the DoD Information Assurance Program, including all accreditation process activities. Provided oversight and planning for software, hardware, and network control to include bid solicitation, analysis, and selection of information systems, products and services with an annual budget of $6M. Responsible for identifying and developing system requirements for new and existing systems as the Customer Liaison. Oversaw contract execution for 17 contractors assigned to the eIT PMO. Served as the Project Manager in the absence of the incumbent.
- Oversaw development of 53 statements of work and purchase requests totaling $24M resulting in contracts that satisfied current project requirements with flexibility for future changes.
- Increased awareness of the project’s enterprise document management system by 60% by authoring articles, starting a newsletter, outreach and a redesign of the project website.
- Volunteered off-duty hours to provide professional development as the Treasurer for the Fort Detrick Silver Caduceus Society.
Executive Officer/Platoon Leader (January 2009 – June 2011)
U.S. Army, Ft. Lewis, Washington & Kandahar, Afghanistan
Served as the Executive Officer and Platoon Leader for an Area Support Medical Company which provided Role II health service support to 10,000 personnel in a garrison and deployed environment. Responsible for a company maintenance program which serviced 31 vehicles and 133 additional pieces of equipment. Supervised and directed the operation of a company supply element managing 101 Line Items valued at over $5.4 million. Additionally supervised six NCOs and seven Soldiers throughout the company’s training, operations, Nuclear Biological Chemical (NBC), and communications sections. Responsible for coordinating medical supply orders and maintaining 296 significant medical items. Led 16 combat medics in combat, support combat logistics troops and flight line ground evacuation in Afghanistan. Served as the company reset OIC and executed all necessary actions for reset operations. Fulfilled additional duties as the unit Safety Officer, Hazardous Material Officer, NBC Officer and Anti-Terrorism Officer. Served as the Commander in his absence.
PhD in Business Administration, Information Technology Management
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI (2021)
Masters of Science in Information Technology: Project Management
University of Maryland University College, Largo, MD (2016)
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology w/ Honors
United States Military Academy, West Point, NY (2008)
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Basic Army Instructor Badge (2022)
- Army Instructor Course (2022)
- Command and General Staff College (2021)
- CITI Responsible Conduct of Research (2019)
- Defense Acquisition University – Information Technology Level II (2014)
- Federal Civilian Supervisor Development Course (2014)
- Defense Acquisition University – Project Management Level I (2013)
- Intermediate Medical Acquisitions Course (2012)
- Army Medical Department Captain’s Career Course (2012)
- CompTia Security+ (2011)
- Basic Life Saver & CPR Certification (2011)
- Army Medical Department Information Management Course (2011)
- Expert Field Medical Badge(2011)
- Anti-Terrorism Officer Basic Course (2009)
- Combat Life Saver Certification (2008)
- Army Medical Department Basic Officer Leadership Course (2008)
- National Security Agency Summer Internship (2007)
- Army Airborne School (2006)